1. Arché is a laboratory of professional activities taking place in the context of Doclisboa – International Film Festival.
2. Arché is a space of deep reflection on film projects in different stages of production. It is focused on projects and auteurism, and approaches the production process mainly as an authorial project. Thus, Arché is free from immediate financial and logistical goals. It also aims to encourage the creation of collaborative networks between different projects and production structures, and to provide means of contact with high quality international agents in an atmosphere of intensive work. To this end, Arché will receive Portuguese projects and projects from different countries, invited by the festival in every edition.
3. Arché consists of three workshops and joint meetings – masterclasses, presentations and debates – around professional questions, crucial to the development, creation and visibility of a film today. In Porto, Arché will present a workshop for projects in different stages of production.
4. Arché is a laboratory dedicated to film projects that encompass a strong implication in the domain of the real – projects able to experiment the potential and boundaries of its documental matrix.
5. In 2017, Arché will take place between October 22nd and 27th in Lisbon, in the context of Doclisboa – International Film Festival, and between November 27th and December 1st in Porto, in the context of Porto/Post/Doc.
6. An annual call for entries will be announced on the website www.doclisboa.org. Registration is free of charge and open to directors and producers.
7. Arché 2017 is open to projects from: Portugal, Spain, Latin American and Portuguese speaking countries.
8. The deadline for submissions is July 4th 2017 for Lisbon, and October 20th 2017 for Porto.
9. Registration implies sending the materials as defined at www.doclisboa.org/arche/inscrições. Applications not complying with the requirements will not be considered.
10. The selection of the participating projects will be made by the Arché coordinators and tutors. Also, if considered relevant, the coordinators will summon up relevant professionals from the sector.
11. Doclisboa will inform the selected and non selected projects by e-mail up to a month before the festival. The selection will be announced on the website www.doclisboa.org.
12. Information on participating projects will be under embargo until the official announcement to be made by Doclisboa.
13. Participants will authorise the publication of the provided information in the official festival catalogue and website, and other promotional materials.
14. Projects selected to be part of Arché agree to use the Arché logotype in its credits and promotional materials. Moreover, they agree to use the following wording: Project presented at Arché. Logos can be downloaded here.
15. The submission of a project implies the knowledge and acceptance of these regulations.
16. The direction of the festival will decide on all matters not covered by these regulations, in accordance with the rules of international film festivals.