10. Short and feature length films can compete, with the following projection formats: 35mm, 16mm, Beta SP Pal and Beta Digital Pal. At the festival, all the selected films selected will be screened with English subtitles and with Portuguese electronic subtitles. Portuguese spoken films will be screened with English subtitles.
11. Doclisboa has three competitive sections:
a) International Competition - with two categories:
- Feature films - films over 40 minutes
- Short films - films up to 40 minutes
b) Portuguese Competition - open to films produced and/or directed by Portuguese filmmakers, with two categories:
- Feature-length films - films over 40 minutes
- Short films - films up to 40 minutes
c) Competition - Investigation: open feature-length films.
12. Only films concluded after the 1st January 2011 are eligible for the competitive categories.
13. For the New Talent Award, the first film signed by a director is eligible.
14. In case the film is selected, doclisboa will inform the participant up to one month prior to the opening of the festival. After the participant has been informed about the participation of the film in the festival, the film must not be shown in Portugal until it is screened at doclisboa. The festival will also inform the entries that were not selected for doclisboa up to one month prior to the initial date of the festival.
15. Immediately after being confirmed the selection, you should send by email:
- A script of the dialogued continuity of the films in English
- Three photos from the film (minimum resolution: 300 dpi - 10x10cm) in a digital format
- a photo of the director in a digital format
- Biofilmography of the director
- Final Synopsis for the program (450 characters) and for the catalogue (600 characters)
- Previous Festivals and Awards.
Until the 18th September, the copy of the selected film (in the right screening format) as well as the posters, postcards and promotional materials should be sent to:
doclisboa / Culturgest
Edifício Sede da Caixa Geral de Depósitos
Rua Arco do Cego, Piso 1
16. In the case of the films from non-EU countries, the copy must be accompanied by a pro-forma invoice with the sender's name, the film title, weight, measurements and number of reels.
17. The costs related to sending the copy to Portugal will be borne by the participant. The costs of clearing the film through customs in Portugal, as well as the costs associated with returning the films to their country of origin, will be borne by the festival. On the latter situation, any customs duties in the country of origin will be borne by the participants.
18. When the festival is responsible for the transportation of a film, a transportation insurance will be granted. After receiving the copies of the films, the festival is responsible for them until they are sent back. The insurance of copies is not applicable to negatives, positives or masters.
19. All films screened on competitive sections during the festival must remain there until its ending, and will be returned only after the closing ceremony of the festival.
20. The competition juries will comprise nationally and internationally renowned Portuguese and foreign personalities from the cultural world.
21. The doclisboa awards consist of a trophy and a monetary sum. Exception to be made to the Special Jury Award, which consists of a trophy. All the awards are attributed to the directors.
- City of Lisbon award for best feature film
- Award for best short film
· Special Jury Award
- Award for best feature film in the investigations competition
(includes the acquisition of rights for television)
- Award for best feature film in international competition, investigation or new visions
- Award for the best feature-length film
- Award for the best first film
- Award for the best short film
- Award for the best feature-length film in the International competition
- Award for the best feature-length film in the Portuguese Competition
23. The decisions of the juries are final.
24. All the selected films can be consulted during the festival at the video library of doclisboa. The selected films can be consulted only after their last screening at the cinema.
25. Any selected film may take part on the special screenings for schools, during the festival.
26. After the film has been selected, the festival may use a fragment of three minutes length of the film for promotion of the festival on tv, radio, internet, as well as the publicity material of the film (press kit, posters, postcards, etc.) for promotion purposes also.
27. Doclisboa guests are not covered by the insurance of the festival.
28. The producer of a film that is awarded a prize at doclisboa will undertake to mention the doclisboa prize in all promotional materials for the film and in the film credits of all copies that are produced after the festival dates.
29. All entries of films made to doclisboa presuppose knowledge of and acceptance of these regulations.
30. The festival board will decide upon all matters that are not covered by these regulations in accordance with the international rules of film festivals.