1. Arché is a laboratory of professional activities taking place in the context of Doclisboa – International Film Festival.
2. Arché is a space of deep reflection on film projects and its different stages of production. It is focused on projects and auteurism, and approaches the production process mainly as an authorial project. Thus, Arché is free from immediate financial and logistical goals. It also aims to encourage the creation of collaborative networks between different projects and production structures, and to provide a means of contact with high quality international agents in an atmosphere of intensive work. To this end, Arché will receive Portuguese projects and projects from one other country, invited by the festival in each edition.
3. Arché consists of two Workshops and joint meetings – masterclasses, presentations and debates – around professional questions, crucial to the development and visibility of a film today.
4. Spain is the country invited to 2015’s edition of Arché.
5. Arché is a laboratory dedicated to film projects that encompass a strong implication in reality – projects of a documental matrix experimenting with the potential and boundaries of this very same nature.
6. In this 1st edition, the participation in the laboratory will be free and open to the project’s directors and producers.
7. Only applications submitted by Portuguese and Spanish directors and producers will be accepted.
8. The deadline for submission is August 16th 2015.
9. The selection of the participating projects will be made by the direction of the festival. Also, if considered relevant, the direction will summon up relevant professionals from the sector.
10. If the project is selected, Doclisboa will inform the participant up to a month before the festival. The non-selected participants will also be informed up to a month before the festival.
11. Information on participating projects will be subject to an embargo until the official announcement to be made by Doclisboa.
12. Projects should be sent to the following address: email@example.com
13. The submission of a project implies the knowledge and agreement of these rules.
14. The direction of the festival will decide on all matters not covered by these regulations, in accordance with the rules of international film festivals.