Arché is a laboratory of professional activities aiming directors, producers and other film professionals. It intends to provide tools to the creation of new film projects, as well as to provide moments of reflection for its creation and formation. Arché is born out of the need and responsibility Doclisboa has been experiencing in terms of creating a space of thought and creative development for professionals and independent structures, capable of fostering projects and assuring its identity and quality.
Arché consists of two Workshops and joint meetings – masterclasses, presentations and debates – around professional questions, crucial to the development and visibility of a film today.
Arché is open to all film professionals from Portugal and from one other country, which will be invited by Doclisboa on a yearly basis.
The country invited to this 1st edition is Spain.
Arché’s key aims are:
– To provide a space of deep reflexion on film projects and its different stages of production, contributing to its quality and thus its future career;
– To ensure that the work on the participating projects is free from immediate financial and logistical objectives, while directly focusing in the reflection on the creative process in terms of directing and production;
– To encourage the creation of collaborative networks between different projects and production structures, allowing the collaboration between independent structures, thus ensuring the identity of the participating projects;
– To provide a means of contact with international agents of high quality in an atmosphere of an in-depth work;
– The creation of a market model focused on projects and auteurs, approaching the production process mainly as an authorial project;
– To contribute to the integration of Portuguese authors and producers in international networks, granting the access to the most important problematics, temathics and terminologies.