1. Arché is a laboratory of professional activities taking place in the context of Doclisboa – International Film Festival.
2. Arché is a space of deep reflection on film projects in different stages of production. It is focused on projects and auteurism, and approaches the production process mainly as an authorial project. Thus, Arché is free from immediate financial and logistical goals. It also aims to encourage the creation of collaborative networks between different projects and production structures, and to provide means of contact with high quality international agents in an atmosphere of intensive work. To this end, Arché will receive Portuguese projects and projects from different countries, invited by the festival every edition.
3. Arché consists of two workshops and joint meetings – masterclasses, presentations and debates – around professional questions, crucial to the development, creation and visibility of a film today.
4. Arché is a laboratory dedicated to film projects that encompass a strong implication in the domain of the real – projects able to experiment the potential and boundaries of its documental matrix.
5. An annual call for entries will be announced on the website www.doclisboa.org. Registration is free of charge and open to directors and producers of the projects.
6. Spain and Switzerland are the invited countries to 2016’s edition of Arché. Only applications submitted by Portuguese, Spanish and Swiss directors and producers will be accepted.
7. The deadline for submissions is August 15th 2016.
8. Registration implies sending the materials as defined at www.doclisboa.org/arche/inscrições. Applications not complying with the requirements will not be considered.
9. The selection of the participating projects will be made by the Arché coordinators and tutors. Also, if considered relevant, the coordinators will summon up relevant professionals from the sector.
10. Doclisboa will inform the selected and non selected projects by e-mail up to a month before the festival. The selection will be announced on the website www.doclisboa.org.
11. Information on participating projects will be subject to an embargo until the official announcement to be made by Doclisboa.
12. Participants will authorize the publication of information regarding the title, author, producer, country of production, and synopsis of the project in the official festival catalogue and website, and other promotional materials. The application dossier will be published in full in Arché’s work dossier.
13. Projects choosen to be part of Arché agree to use the Arché logotype in its credits and promotional materials. Moreover, they agree to use the following wording: Project presented at Arché. Logos can be downloaded here.
14. The submission of a project implies the knowledge and acceptance of these regulations.
15. The direction of the festival will decide on all matters not covered by these regulations, in accordance with the rules of international film festivals.